We're hiring! Internal Technical Support - Industrial PC Systems
We’re on the lookout for a self-motivated engineer to work within our internal technical department performing installation, assembly and testing of various computer systems.
- A working knowledge of PC build or repair is required.
- Knowledge and experience with the installation and configuration of Microsoft operating systems.
- PC assembly experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both telephone and face to face.
- Eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently or in a team as required.
- Would suit keen hobbyist pc builder willing to learn and expand their knowledge into industrial pc systems, displays and touch.
- No formal pc qualifications are required but must have good education and be keen to learn and willing to adapt.
- On the job training provided. Day release may be available for the right person & course.
- Provide internal technical support to the product managers as required.
- Configure and build industrial pc-based systems including digital displays and touch systems to sales specifications provided, this includes pre-loading software and adjusting BIOS’s.
- Fault find customer returns and repair or return to manufacturer for repair.
- Manage the repair / returns process to ensure timely customer fault resolution. Booking in, shipping out and generating supporting paperwork. Includes internal repairs and liaison / escalation with manufacturers in the Far East.
- Assist warehouse in product identification and protective product packaging.
- Incoming and outgoing quality inspection.
- Assist product managers in maintaining our website with current product updates using a content management system. Some opportunity for content design.
- Opportunity to expand the role into system design, product management or pre/post-sales support
To find out more about the role, or to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Brendan O’Reilly on firstname.lastname@example.org.